<$BlogRSDURL$>


Thursday, September 15, 2005


Define "good", please. 

The day before yesterday, I was coming out of school with Tara, when she ran off to hug a young man at the school gates. I recognized him as being one of the leaders of her theater workshop. I didn't catch their entire exchange, but I distinctly heard him saying, "Are you good at school?"

Yesterday I received a letter, via the school, from said workshop. Apparently the children are to perform at a charity thing on Saturday. Real stage. Real audience. The letter requested that we call to confirm attendance, given the short notice.

I called and said, "Tara would love to be there, but are you sure you want her?"

I could have been joking, since I made no reference to her previous performance.

"Oh, don't say that. She was really good last time", the organizer replied.

*gulp*

That was one of her "good" moments?!

We'll go on Saturday. But only if I can stand in the wings with one of those hooked sticks so I can yank her offstage if necessary.

And I'll be sure to bring sunglasses and a hat. Possibly a fake beard and a stone to crawl under.


Permalink | Pre Haloscan 1 | |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?