<$BlogRSDURL$>


Tuesday, June 14, 2005


Sometimes, I don't know which of 'em is stranger. 

Alex was on the phone to his sister today, and she was asking about Tara's birthday presents. The next thing I hear, he is saying, "Oh, and she got one of those decapitated head things. She's playing with it right now."

Wha..?

Now I could be mistaken, but I am fairly certain that not one of Tara's friends gave her a decapitated head for her fifth birthday. I would have made some mention of it when I was helping her write her Thank You notes:

Dear Whoever,

Thank you so much for your generous, (and original) gift. Would you be so kind as to tell me where you found this? The Police are also very interested.


I went in to see what he was talking about, and it's this:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

And what has my darling girl done to it? She's used red lipstick all over the face and neck.

"What the hell are you doing?" I ask.

"I'm turning her into a vampire", she replies.

Poor Barbie looks like Darth Maul in drag.

I give her some baby wipes and go back to my book...

UPDATE: What are these things called? She just dumped it in my lap, scaring the crap out of me, and my response was to scream, "take your severed head away, right now!" I have no idea where that phrase came from. I can just imagine..

"Mummy? - Can I take my severed head in to school? I told my teacher it was my favourite toy."

Lord, save us.


Permalink | Pre Haloscan 0 | |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?