<$BlogRSDURL$>


Thursday, June 02, 2005


Cor Blimey, Guv'nr! 

Tara's speech since starting school, is, quite frankly, appalling. What, I ask you, is the point of her knowing all her "sounds", if she doesn't use them? I don't think I've heard an "h", "th", or "ing" out of her for months!

Naturally, she has befriended the coolest girl in the class. The really streetwise one, with seven older siblings. The girl who is an aunt at the age of five. You can imagine. My daughter is turning into a Chav before my very eyes.

However, all is not lost. Sometimes she gets things from us. For instance, "it was too loud for my taste". She wondered why we were laughing, but it sounded so sweet coming from a four year old.

Other times, I'm not so sure we're a good influence. I was telling her to leave me alone for five minutes today, and she said, "OK, I'll bugger off then.."

Maybe I shouldn't complain..


Permalink | Pre Haloscan 0 | |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?