<$BlogRSDURL$>


Saturday, March 12, 2005


WTF? 

I was awoken this morning by my dearly adored husband waving an envelope in my face.

"I'm a bit worried about this", he said.

I'm a total optimist. Whenever the mail comes through the letterbox, there's always a part of me that thinks, "Maybe some Billionaire has sent us a cheque".

This particular letter / envelope was scrawled all over with red crayon, and had my daughter's name and our address on it.

Scary.

It wasn't until I was fully awake, that I realised The Royal Mail had redirected a letter she'd written to Santa at school. The handwriting on the envelope was her teacher's. It said, "Santa Claus, Lapland."

You'd think the postal service would just bin letters addressed to Santa! They're redirecting them now. The Royal Mail will disavow all knowledge of Father Christmas, at the expense of the taxpayer.

It's the sort of thing Evil Glenn would do. Sending little girl's Christmas letters to Santa back.



Permalink | Pre Haloscan 4 | |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?