<$BlogRSDURL$>


Thursday, March 10, 2005


Is that a pencil case in your pocket? 

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for banning pencil cases in Primary schools. In the course of my career, hours of teaching and learning time have been wasted by young children messing, needlessly with their stuff.

Well, girls do. They obsess over it. Boys could have multiple pencils stuck in their eyes, and would still claim that they didn't have anything to write with. That's why I prefer to hand out equipment at the beginning of a lesson, and collect it after. It does tend to prevent the inevitable fights that break out over the real and alleged theft of erasers and such.

But to ban them because they may conceal sharp objects?

I guess pockets, coats, desks and pencils will be next.


Permalink | Pre Haloscan 1 | |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?