<$BlogRSDURL$>


Wednesday, March 09, 2005


I Hate California Nazis 

Last night's DVD was "American History X".

Not, perhaps, the most relaxing of movies to snuggle up in bed to watch with your beloved, but it worked for us.

Plenty of discussion.

We like discussion in this house.

Alex will be sharing our intelligent thoughts on it shortly, but there's one thing I'll mention here:

The "bite the kerb" scene? Even if I had a gun pointed at me, I wouldn't do it. Hey, I'm going to be killed one way or another, so I'll go out straight away, thank you.

Alex knows I'm sensitive to things like this, so I didn't see the kick, or stomp to the guys head, and the resulting image.

Still... I couldn't help wondering all this morning what that would feel like. What, exactly, would that do? Where would your teeth end up? Would your jaw break? In which places? Are paramedics allowed to be kind enough to shoot you with so much morphine on encountering such an injury, that they put you out of your misery?

Hmmm....Time to put on the C.D of "Favourite Things that I stole borrowed from T1G methinks.

"Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens..."

Which movie moments do you wish you hadn't seen?


Permalink | Pre Haloscan 1 | |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?