<$BlogRSDURL$>


Wednesday, February 09, 2005


The Crime Scene 

We had another twenty-four hour nosebleed situation. Starting, naturally, in the small hours of Tuesday. I spent all this morning getting the congealed blood off her face, neck and hair. It was caked on thick from where we didn't dare disturb it once it finally started to clot. Satisfied she was O.K, I let her go to school after lunch.

Then I returned home to, well...

I'm kicking myself for not taking pictures. I could've used them in a Filthy Lie. My house looked like a serial killer lived there. Four year olds aren't known for keeping their hands off anything. There was blood on practically every surface. That didn't take long to sort out, but the laundry!

My washing machine is my new best friend after today. In fact. No. It's reached almost God-like status in the household. Pyjamas, handkerchiefs, three towels, her bedding, our bedding, all looking like we'd slaughtered a pig. There was so much to do, and since my priority before she was better was not the laundry, most of the stains were set. Despite advice from Google on the best way to deal with bloodstains,(cold water only...yeah, that's fine for small stain), I just soaked the lot in cold water and salt, then ran it through the wash at sixty degrees. It's fine!

I am so not a laundry person. Usually, when Tara's had a bleed I just throw out whatever needs a bit more attention but, you know, I'm going to have to learn to cope with this. So I started thinking about stain removal. I've been amazed once before, when someone told me to remove hardened gum from a carpet with ice. I thought it was so cool, I had to do it again!

There are so many sites out there, but you're all people I'd happily take advice from in this area. What are your magic stain-removal tricks?




Permalink | Pre Haloscan 5 | |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?