<$BlogRSDURL$>


Sunday, December 26, 2004


Boxing Day 

Tara is sick! Not badly. It's not a bleed. She's just stopped scampering and has a temperature. Bless her, she's really good when she gets her sick days. She doesn't complain, she just wants to snuggle up on the sofa with us and watch T.V. There's no whining. She just gets on with it.

We went to my parent's today, for a late lunch of Christmas leftovers, and all she ate was some melon, a slice of turkey, and a few grapes. She refused all offers of chocolate, which isn't something I usually let her have, but I was willing to let her have it if only to keep her awake! She didn't even want the evil diet coke that was offered.

I remember taking the day off work once, and spending it watching Disney's "Beauty and the Beast" with her when she was 11 months old and didn't want to go to her Childminder. I loved the fact that she wanted me when she was unwell. My Boss wasn't too thrilled though...

She's had maybe five days like this since she was born. She seems to have my ability to withstand illness. I've smoked my way through pleurisy, and danced in a thunderstorm with scarlet fever. She's pretty stoic. Maybe it's due to her condition. Yesterday she asked me to count the bruises on her legs. (There were over thirty).

When I was sick as a child, my treat would be to spend the day in my parent's bed, reading and eating ice-cream. What was yours?


Permalink | Pre Haloscan 4 | |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?