<$BlogRSDURL$>


Tuesday, November 30, 2004


S'cuse me, while I kiss this guy! 

I love misheard lyrics. I didn't link the site because it has annoying pop-ups on it. The best misheard lyrics come from kids. You've heard the classic kid's Christmas Carol interpretations I'm sure. My cousin came up with something original when she was young:

While shephards watched their frogs by night...

We had a laugh at the time, but Tara's was way funnier. She has been learning "Away in a manger" at school. She sung the first verse perfectly, then clapped her little hands to her cheeks, looked horrified, and said, "Oh no! The cats!"

I was a little confused at this point.

Me: Cats?

Tara: In the song. They're waking the baby up!

Me: Are you sure, honey?

Tara: Yes. My teachers told me.

Me: Sing the next part.

Tara: The cats are mieowing, the baby awakes. But little old Jesus, no crying he makes.

Me: Would you excuse me, sweetheart? I just need to run to the bathroom and...

Bwuhahahaha!!!!!

Tara: Mommy?

Me: Let's go over it again. "The cattle are lowing, the baby awakes..."


What are your favourite misheard lyrics?



Permalink | Pre Haloscan 9 | |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?