<$BlogRSDURL$>


Thursday, July 29, 2004


Castles

England is pretty boring, but we do castles fairly well. Leeds Castle is about an hours drive from here. It's a lovely place to visit at any time of the year. The grounds are gorgeous, if you don't get lost in the maze, as I invariably do. Every time. But on November the Fifth, it really comes into it's own.

Bear in mind that few English people ever get to see proper fireworks. Then imagine them reflecting in the castle moat. The last time I went to the display was November before the millennium, and I was pregnant with Tara. It was amazing.

I'm pretty sure the whole thing would be a ruin without American money. There was definitely a marriage between the penniless heir and a Vanderbilt, or Rothschild who was after a title. Whoever it was, I want her bedroom, it's fabulous!


Permalink | Pre Haloscan 4 | |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?